Wednesday 2 February 2011

Dressing-table, Sunday afternoon

Flowers from M that arrive at work on the grey Monday of last week, come home with me to sit on my dressing table, make it feel like that of the leading lady in a 1950s stage show, opening night. A dressing table that I bought at auction a few years back, dark, varnished wood, sanded down over a summer weekend in a Norfolk garden, primed, painted with Farrow & Ball, two layers, hard work, dry, cracked hands. Sunday's slants of weak winter sunlight, the first I have seen for days, creeping across my bedroom walls, bouncing off the mirror as the sun drops behind the rooftops.
















15 comments:

  1. Ooh, that is so very 1950s backstage... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a glamorous feel and look to it. I love all the vintage touches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, i love your dressing table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just like my Mum's dressing table which was passed down from a great aunt. Perhaps it will be mine one day?

    Your dressing table is gorgeous and uber glamourous. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. What a gorgeously glamourous dressing table you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, your dressing table is beautiful!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that kitten glittery powder puff! I love.

    Must be nice to see a bit of sun now eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. wowza it looks great! i love the sepia photos...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with everyone, your dressing is glamourous, the red roses a dream. Love the details, so romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooo your dressing table is wonderful! The roses look perfectly at home on it.



    http://foodartbaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Becky, this is JUST. BEAUTIFUL. I am in jealous awe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks very glamorous - love the postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful; both the table and those roses.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very pretty and so very gorgeous.
    xx

    ReplyDelete