Monday 16 May 2011

New York Part VI

More walking, wandering. Vintage shops in the East Village, lusting after Verameat jewellery, purchasing Saipua soaps (we never made it to the Brooklyn store, more's the pity). Kitchen shops and stationery stores. Bagels, cream cheese stuffed, wrapped in greaseproof paper. Sitting in small parks on wooden benches, a couple of saxophonists playing soulfully nearby, making cocktail bar reservations on my mobile. The Museum of Modern Art on free Friday, far too many people. The most delicious Mexican at La Esquina on Kenmare, blood orange margaritas, tacos, yucca root fries. A queue to get a table, but most definitely worth it, shout out to slowdownapproaching30 for the recommendation. A bar hidden behind a telephone booth in a hot-dog joint, a couple of cocktails that tasted of cough syrup, worse. Nice stuffed bear though. Late night Dunkin' Donuts, just because.






















8 comments:

  1. I think yours is the best review of a trip to New York that I've read. You should be on commission from the city's tourist department! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so on top of these NY posts! I love all the pictures! I feel like I get a true sense of the place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh bless you for the mention! I'm so glad you liked it! I've loved reading your posts, i'm going to NY in August, so have helped me with a whole new list of places to try! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving all your New York posts.

    And now I'm seriously craving a bagel and cream cheese...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am enjoying your photos very much. Thank you. Now I am getting rather nostalgic. Keep the photos coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that a completely cheese covered bagel? Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are so amazing! I'm really jealous of you because I've never been in New York and I really want to go there and visit the Moma and the Guggenheim museum. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete