Saturday 12 December 2009

Baking and decorating


Just checking in whilst my freshly painted nails (a bright holly berry red) dry before I head out to a Christmas party tonight. Still busy busy but I wanted to say 'hi' to all you lovely selves. Office parties one and two have been and gone, without anything embarrassing on my part which is always a bonus, though I could hardly keep my eyes open on Friday at work as I had had less than five hours sleep Thursday.

The last 24 hours has largely consisted of industrial scale baking and cutting out Christmassy fabric for jam pot covers for Sunday's fete, though I did find time to go buy a tree on Friday afternoon and decorated it Friday evening with M and C (and a glass or two of bubbly because we were feeling festive). We went a bit crazy with bits of ribbon and old pearl necklaces in addition the usual glass baubles. I even strung up a few old brooches to add extra sparkle. I also managed to squeeze in a trip to the Bust Craftacular with a WI friend where we multi tasked, handing out fliers for tomorrow as well as browsing all the wonderful goodies on show.

A reminder if you are in East London tomorrow to pop by to the fete and say hello, full details here. And a big thank you to Lynne of Tea for Joy fame for mentioning it on her blog.

Right, off to slip into something with a bit more sparkle...a happy, festive Saturday to you all.

(Oh and I think this is my 100th post!)

3 comments:

  1. congratulations on your 100th post ! Have a lovely evening and enjoy the rest of the weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the fete went well and all your hard work paid off! I am so jealous of you having your tree up ... my other half is not a big fan of Christmas so we never put our tree up until the weekend before the big day; I still have a whole week to wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pearls! I may have to borrow that idea...

    ReplyDelete