Thursday 4 March 2010

Paris in springtime


Spring has not quite sprung here in London (though the days are drawing out and the green daffodil shoots are growing taller every day in the city's Royal parks) so it is perhaps optimistic to think that things will be much different in the only marginally more southern capital of France, but I can hope.

Tomorrow I am heading there for the weekend with M and some friends, most of whom are taking part in the Paris half marathon on Sunday. M, Anna and I will not be running, being of the opinion that there are better things to do in Paris than run - for example sip chocolat chaud on the finish line, leaving the huffing and puffing and sore feet to other people.

We don't have any firm plans*, and I am very much looking forward to just strolling round the city with Anna who hasn't been before, M who has, and my two cameras (DSLR and Polaroid) who I'm sure are almost as excited as I am to have a weekend away in the daylight after what has felt like a very long winter.

*though hoping to head to the Paris half of this, visited Merci last September and loved it, so it combined with Liberty can only be a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. I HATE that you can just pop over to Paris when you feel like it. I can pop over to... Wisconsin?
    Lucky, lucky...

    ReplyDelete