Wednesday 25 August 2010

Final flush

Dancing Beastie wrote the most wonderful post a couple of days ago, accompanied by beautiful images, about the last few days of summer. It struck a chord with me, my parents' Norfolk garden this last weekend was sunshine-filled and seemed bursting at the seams with produce. We made the most of it, eating outdoors and basing meals largely on stuff harvested from the vegetable patch, but I know that the bowls full of greengages and apple-laden trees signal that the English summer is coming to an end.







3 comments:

  1. Tamamen doğal ne kadar güzel. Paylaşım için teşekkürler.

    Saygılar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful soft colour palette in your photos and what a glowing reference! I am blushing. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our summer days in New England, "across the pond" are also waning, . . . I'm looking forward to canning some of the summer bounty! I'm starting with pickles tomorrow! Your photos are lovely. I enjoyed my visit, thank you.

    http://oceanbreezesandcountrysneezes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete