Wednesday 14 April 2010

Frustration


We still don't have internet at the new flat. Despite organising the contract over six weeks ago and the line being connected over four weeks ago the internet provider has as yet failed to provide us with the wireless router. C, my flatmate and the account holder, has called them repeatedly, and repeated promises have been made that the package is in the post, being re-sent, will be with us shortly, and so on, but as the router is sent by Royal Mail 1st Class they have no way of tracking progress. We are all extremely frustrated. I can check emails and do internet banking at work, and even keep up with all of you in my lunch break (hello to everyone who has joined me from Tea for Joy, and thanks Lynne for featuring me) but I can't really sit and blog myself which I miss. Tonight I am at M's using his internet while he packs (he is off to Japan for three weeks from tomorrow) and on Friday morning I am off to Glasgow for the weekend with my parents to visit the Glasgow Art School and the Mackintosh tea rooms (any other suggestions/tips of what is good to do whilst there welcome), and I am hoping hoping hoping that by the time I return Virgin will have got their act together and sorted out the internet situation.

In the meantime, I leave you with a couple of pictures from Easter Sunday in Southwold, the blue sky looking as serene as I wish I felt. Humpfh.

10 comments:

  1. OH NO! Rubbish Virgin- rubbish rubbish DO YOU HEAR?!

    I have blogged about our little story...! http://seedsandstitches.blogspot.com/2010/04/faux-pas.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely time in Glasgow, and if you pass Carlisle, wave to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. urgh, it's mind-blowingly awful trying to get an new broadband connection isn't it? it makes my head hurt to even think of it. poor you. well, well done for blogging under such inhospitable conditions. lovely photographs as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nightmare! Hope you get it sorted soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Virgin - grr! The bain of my life too at the mo. Fingers crossed for you getting your internet lifeline back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh Southwold looks pretty! I hope your internet appears soon, it drives me mad to be without it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last photo is my favourite. Good luck with the internet connection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pleased you managed to get to Southwold and it looked just as lovely on Easter Sunday.

    A trip to the coast always seems to have a calming effect on me, hope you horrid internet problems are sorted soon.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not having internet for two days almost killed me, I don't know how you manage!

    Your photos are beautiful! The bottom one would make a beautiful art print! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely beach huts - I want one! FIngers crossed for internet restoral soon - i get really grumpy if mine doesn't work too. Glasgow sounds like fun - I'm a bit late for tips now anyway but my only trip there involved getting very lost on the way to the airport and then losing my car in a multi storey carpark, so not something I'd especially recommend. Hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete